Type of Treatment Depends on:
Type of tumor
Location of Tumor(s)
Age/Health of Patient
Types of treatment:
Surgery- 60% of all cancer pts. have some kind of surgery.
• Oldest form of treatment for cancer
• Tumor/Cancer cells surgically removed
• Cancer cells that cannot be removed surgically are destroyed chemically
• Administrated by :
• Radiation treatment, also known as radiotherapy, destroys cancer by focusing high-energy rays on the cancer cells.
• Side Effects-damages neighboring, non-cancerous cells