• Damage of Different body parts
1. Brain and liver damage – Alcohol
2. Lung and heart disease – Marijuana
3. Stroke and heart disease – Cocaine
4. Heart disease and liver damage – Amphetamine
• Problems with Pregnancy
• Transmission of STD and various other diseases occur due to sharing of contaminated syringes
• Overdose of cocaine, heroine, alcohol can kill someone
• Influence of Amphetamines, Makes people alert, energetic & confident.
• Influence of Steroids, Leads to confusion, depression & paranoia.
• Influence of Cocaine, Similar to amphetamines but short lived. Regular users often become nervous, excited, euphoric, nauseous.
• Influence of Alcohol might lead to sweating, anxiety, trembling.
• Influence of Analgesics makes people drowsy, contended.
• Influence of Marijuana, Low dose leads to depression, High dose makes user distressed
• On Family & Community
1. Distance grows with family members
2. Socially accepted norms are not followed
3. Drug abuse effects Central Nervous System which changes mood and reduces the capability of tolerating other people
Impacts on Education
• Overall performance decreases
• Marijuana kills brain cells and disrupt learning ability
Impacts on Employment
• Work efficiency decreases
• Abusers have 55% more chances of industrial accidents and 85% more chances of injuries
• Drug abuser employee becomes liability
Impacts on Criminal Activities
• Rise in both violent & acquisitive crime
• Abusers often resort to various crimes for money
• Strong link found between violent crimes & drugs
• Influence of alcohol is found in 50% of murderers and 70% of assaulters.